Qatar admits they had boots on the ground backing up rebels in all Libyan battles
By Madison Ruppert
Editor of End the Lie
Qatar, the nation that runs al Jazeera, the network which was carrying water for NATO and the al Qaeda-affiliated rebel forces since the beginning of the uprising, finally admitted they had boots on the ground fighting with rebel forces.
Qatar’s chief of staff, Major General Hamad bin Ali al-Atiya, said that hundreds of Qataris were on the ground in every region throughout Libya.
“We were among them and the numbers of Qataris on ground were hundreds in every region,” Maj. Gen. Hamad bin Ali al-Atiya told al Arabiya.
This is a landmark admission as previously Qatar claimed that they were only utilizing their air force to assist NATO-led civilian protection operations.
Clearly, this was an outright lie, just like Obama’s recent laughably blatant lie in which he claimed American troops were never on the ground in Libya.
Far from just providing air support for the protection of civilians, the Qataris were “running the training and communication operations” according to Atiya.
“Qatar had supervised the rebels’ plans because they are civilians and did not have enough military experience. We acted as the link between the rebels and NATO forces,” he said.
Furthermore, Libya’s self-declared interim leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil said that Qatar was “a major partner in all the battles we fought” and that the Qatari military “planned” the battles which allowed National Transitional Council (NTC) fighters to gradually capture towns held by Qaddafi loyalists.
Clearly Qatar’s military was running the show on the ground, planning battles, training the fighters, and calling the shots, at least they were calling whatever shots were not already called by the Western boots that were on the ground as well.
The NTC continues to show themselves to be beholden to and reliant on foreign assistance from NATO.
Without the help of foreign agents, the so-called revolution in Libya would have fallen flat on its face. That much is indisputable at this point.
Abdel Jalil asked NATO to continue to pour money (which America – providing the vast majority of funding and personnel to NATO – cannot afford) into Libya until the end of the year, at least.
Abdel Jalil asked this when addressing the Conference of Friends Committee at a Doha conference of military allies of the non-democratic, unaccountable, self-proclaimed rulers of the new Libya known as the NTC.
The request to continue the campaign is primarily aimed at “ensuring that no arms are infiltrated into those countries and to ensure the security of Libyans from some remnants of Qaddafi’s forces who have fled to nearby countries,” according to Abdel Jalil.
However, one must realize that the NTC should be the ones being locked down to secure the lives of Libyan civilians given the slaughter of over 50 people in a hotel in Sirte at the hands of rebel forces, which the British Defense Minister Nick Harvey said might amount to a war crime.
It is laughable at best for the NTC to continue to leverage Qaddafi to justify keeping NATO involved in Libya.
Echoing this obvious fact, the commander of the Libyan mission, Lieutenant-General Charles Bouchard said on Monday that he saw almost no risk of loyalist forces mounting successful attacks in order to regain power.
Boiuchard added that NATO believed that the NTC forces were able to handle security threats themselves.
Abdel Jalil told the conference in Doha that they are also attempting to get NATO assistance in “developing Libya’s defense and security systems”.
Abdel Jalil said that since Seif al-Islam is still thought to be at large and seeking to flee Libya, he wants NATO to help stop those still loyal from Qaddafi from escaping “justice” which likely means nothing short of death.
A spokeswoman for NATO said that they would likely still endorse a preliminary decision to cease operations in Libya on October 31st after the meeting of NATO ambassadors which was postponed from Wednesday to Friday in order to allow for discussion between the NTC and the UN.
However, this is only a preliminary decision, the spokeswoman, Carmen Romero, said, “The Formal decision will be taken this week.”
“NATO continues to monitor the situation on the ground, and retains the capability to respond to any threats to civilians,” Romero added.
Does this involve responding to a threat even when it is the rebels posing the threat? We will have to wait and see if justice is applied evenhandedly in post-Qaddafi Libya or if NATO continues to back up the NTC’s alleged war crimes.
It is not only the NTC that is facing accusations of war crimes, indeed NATO is having a complaint filed with the International Criminal Court (ICC) against them for the murder of Qaddafi by Qaddafi’s family.
Their lawyer, a Frenchman named Marcel Ceccaldi, said “The willful killing (of someone protected by the Geneva Convention) is defined as a war crime by Article 8 of the ICC’s Rome Statute”.
“Qaddafi’s homicide shows that the goal of (NATO) member states was not to protect civilians but to overthrow the regime,” Ceccaldi added.
This is the perfect opportunity for the ICC to reveal themselves as either a body truly interested in justice or just another corrupt globalist organization created to benefit a select few.
After all, back in June the ICC issued international arrest warrants for Muammar Qaddafi and his son Seif al-Islam, along with the Qaddafi government’s former intelligence chief Abdullah al-Senussi for alleged crimes against humanity carried out by troops under their orders.
The NTC claims they will launch an investigation into the death of Qaddafi but one would be a bit foolish to expect anything to really come of it.
The future of Libya is looking shaky at best, and the last thing that America needs is to be involved in another nation-building project like Iraq or Afghanistan where billions upon billions of dollars we don’t have will be dumped, never to be seen again.