By End the Lie

“Dr.” Nick Begich Jr. (Photo credit: Image capture from PrisonPlanet interview)

Something I found quite interesting is that Senator Mark Begich of Alaska voted for the atrocity that is S.1867 and he was also appointed as a conferee to resolve difference with H.R.1540.

Updated below

Mark Begich is the brother of Nick Begich, the author of the book dealing with the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) entitled Angels Don’t Play This HAARP among others which include Earth Rising – The Revolution: Toward a Thousand Years of Peace, Earth Rising II- The Betrayal of Science, Society an Controlling the Human Mind – The Technologies of Political Control or Tools for Peak Performance.

Nick Begich has appeared on Coast to Coast AM, the TruTV show Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura and The Alex Jones Show, discussing HAARP and psychotronic devices, and calls himself a doctor even though his doctorate is an honorary one from The Open International University for Complementary Medicines in Sri Lanka, according to his own biography.

Interestingly, he makes no mention of his brother in his biography or anywhere on his website for that matter. However, his Wikipedia entry does list this fact.

One blogger seems to be under the impression that his Wikipedia page was deleted at one point because of the information he presented, not because he wasn’t a notable person and the article had little details to establish his significance, which was the actual reason for the deletion from Wikipedia as you can see here.

For those questioning the legitimacy of an honorary doctorate from a Sri Lankan complementary medicine school, your suspicions might be well founded.

This “school” apparently has two websites here and here which are both far from what one would expect from a school that grants doctorates and they are not even listed by the Sri Lankan University Grants Commission which is “the apex body of the University System in Sri Lanka”.

Not to mention the fact that the school is not on the official .ac.lk top level domain which is the equivalent of the .edu top level domain in the United States which is reserved for actual schools.

One website lists an address but the other lists nothing at all other than it is in Colombo, Sri Lanka. It doesn’t even have an address listed to send in the application.

The other school, oddly enough, has a car museum which they proudly advertise on their website, not quite what one would expect from an institution of higher learning.

Setting aside that oddity, the “university” claims, “It is recognized by the Sri Lankan government as being the educational arm of Medicina Alternativa and was given approval to conduct graduate and undergraduate teachings and subsequently, award degrees.”

In fact, as I have shown, this is demonstrably untrue. The same claim is made on the “Medicina Alternativa International” website.

Their claim to be recognized by “the Higher Education official register in the Public Registry of Deeds of Kazakhstan Socialist Soviet Republic at Alma-Ata, dated September 12, 1962” very well might be true but that is not saying much at all.

Furthermore, they claim to “have been recognized by the United Nations Charter of the University of Peace by the U.N. General Assembly Resolution No. 35/55/5/XII/1980” which a moment’s search will show you is yet another lie.

While if you try to look at the text of the resolution they claim to be recognized under on the Official Document System (ODS) of the United Nations official website, via their list of resolutions adopted by the General Assembly at its 35th session, it returns a “NO AUTHORIZATION” error message, I was able to locate a PDF copy which clearly shows that their claim is fraudulent.

Under Article 17, University programmes and degrees, we read, “Irenology, which shall comprise the study of peace, education for peace and human rights, shall be the main concern of the University. The studies carried out at the University shall focus on the topic of international peace. Completion of a programme of studies, including irenology as a compulsory subject, shall be required for obtaining any degree granted by the University.”

The “University” that Begich obtained his clearly fake doctorate from makes no mention of irenology whatsoever. Not once, anywhere on either website, at least according to search engines.

Based on all of these facts, what grounds does Begich have to constantly refer to himself as a doctor?

I pose the following questions to “Dr.” Begich:

Will you stand by your traitorous brother who has supported the total destruction of everything America is supposed to stand for?

Did you do anything to attempt to stop your brother from voting for this horrendous legislation?

Do you stand by your doctorate as legitimate and grounds to refer to yourself as a doctor at every possible opportunity?

Begich purports to stand for truth, what will he do now that his brother has revealed himself to be a criminal in a suit supporting the most un-American bill imaginable?

I called Nick Begich and have yet to receive a comment on his brother’s vote and I will update this post if I receive any information from him.

If he responds I will also ask him about his highly questionable, if not plainly fraudulent, doctorate and why he insists on presenting himself as a doctor when he is clearly nothing of the sort.

As someone who used to have respect for “Dr.” Nick Begich Jr. and his research, I can comfortably say that I no longer trust this man.

If he is lying about his education and thus his qualifications and seemingly deliberately avoiding mentioning his brother Senator Mark Begich, what else could he be lying about?

Maybe I’m alone on this one but I cannot put trust in anyone who is a liar and can easily be proven to be one with just a few moment’s research on the internet.

This is especially true when they are purporting to present information that others do not know about or are covering up.

I am in no way trying to tell anyone what to research or what to believe, and I must make that very clear.

However, I believe it is of paramount importance to verify our sources and look into who you are believing before you run off spreading their information (or disinformation as the case may be) to your friends, family, or through whatever medium you might utilize.

UPDATE: I just spoke to Nick Begich via telephone and I was immediately struck by the genuine kindness this man displayed. It took him about a week but he called me back and spoke to me for a few minutes, sharing his opinions on the recently passed NDAA and other issues.

I must admit, I was surprised that he returned my call and his warmth and passion was clear over the telephone. Begich even went as far as to tell me to send him my address so he could send me review copies of his books.

Clearly Begich cares about what he does and is committed to forwarding knowledge and spreading important information on a wide variety of subjects. Now, to move on from my comments on Begich’s positive character traits, he did indeed comment on his brother, Senator Mark Begich, and his decision to vote for S.1867, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) Fiscal Year 2012.

He also clarified the nature of his degree, which he emphasized was an honorary one. He said that his degree was conferred for his voluminous independent research and he never actually attended the institution. From what I can tell he wasn’t boasting about it as a credential, instead pointing to his books as examples of his heavily sourced research.

Begich identified himself not as a doctor or a scientist in his own right, instead calling himself a science journalist and a technology journalist, putting the complicated research of others into terms which are easily digestible by laypeople.

After hearing the way he described his work and his outlook, I realized that without a doubt my comments above were unwarranted and inaccurate in terms of who Begich is and what he is about.

He is not by any means using the degree as a crutch or an attempt to legitimize himself without actually doing work, as his writings prove he is committed to the spread of information and making otherwise esoteric issues accessible to everyday people.

When asked about the NDAA, Begich said that S.1867 represents a, “Huge step backwards.” It effectively overrides Posse Comitatus and Habeus Corpus, some of the most fundamental concepts on which our nation was founded.

When I asked Begich what he thought about his brother’s vote he said, “I Haven’t spoken to Mark for a year. I don’t hear from Mark.” But he made it very clear that he disagrees with his brother’s decision wholeheartedly.

Begich said that what we are seeing unfolding now with S.1867 and the KBR “National Quick Response Team” is, “Exactly what I predicted,” even before the tragic events of September 11th, 2001.

“Mark will be hearing from me and other family members at Christmas,” Begich said. I replied that I truly hoped his brother would listen as it is all too easy for our so-called representatives to ignore the opinions of the public.

Begich said that he thinks this latest development in the move towards a total fascist state could bring together the Occupy Wall Street and Tea Party movements to bring real change and justice back to our nation.

I agree with this assertion, as there are few people who would like seeing their friends, family and neighbors snatched up in the middle of the night just for being a suspected “belligerent.”

“When fear drives policy, the policy is inevitably bad,” Begich said, effectively summing up the massive failure that the NDAA represents.

His sentiment is reflected in the now classic statement from Benjamin Franklin, “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Nick Begich is clearly a man that cares about justice, freedom, and the free spread of information. The fact that he took the time out of his day to return a call from an independent journalist like myself says a lot in and of itself.

This just goes to show, you can’t judge someone until you actually get to know them and what they are about. I hope this update reflects my ability to be open minded and ready to revise my opinions when they are clearly misguided.

Top Search Terms Used to Find This Page:

27 Responses to UPDATE: “Dr.” Nick Begich: holder of a fake doctorate with a traitor for a brother?

1. Anonymous December 2, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Begich is clearly a fraud and this just proves it. It’s sad bc he seemed legit to me at first. Now it’s obvious he’s a plant.

2. Anonymous December 3, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Very interesting, nice found. I have watched one of his videos about haarp. He seemed honest. Gosh!! Who are these people, how do they live with themselves knowing that they are the worts enemy of human being, and mother earth.

3. Anonymous December 3, 2011 at 4:56 AM

Well, I think we are right to question the integrity and motives of all those who set themselves up as providers of information. The issue here is surely not that the whole educational system in the West has been contrived in a certain way, but that Mr Begich has chosen to create an apparently false impression of himself by purporting to have a doctorate. What are his real motives?

He is promoting himself as a public figure in the “alternative knowledge” community, so I think we have a right to ask where does he stand on other issues, most notably S.1867. I suggest that anyone who is interested should search the internet for Mr Begich’s stance on the war in Afghanistan to understand that the reality of Mr Begich may not match the persona he chooses to project.

• Anonymous December 4, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Private universities such as The Open International University for Complementary Medicine / Medicina Alternativa International are defiantly not officially recognised by the educated aristocrats of our society which Rupert deems certified to make a judgement on Dr Nick Begich.

I too hold two doctorate degrees (PHD, DSC) from this institution and will not for one minute be embarrassed that they being honorary doctorates from an alternative education institution and related to research conducted over 8 years peer review research. The reason I chose to qualify my doctorate from this University is due to the stigma the Universities of our modern day hold, especially in relation to NWO policies.

Dr Nick Begich is not a FRAUD. He has chosen to present his research to this institution and received credible qualifications. Maybe these qualifications are questionable to those who want to police education standards but this not make his work unethical. Be careful to not point the finger because we will al reap what we sow.

Just Because the The Open International University for Complementary Medicine / Medicina Alternativa International choose to remain distant from the accepted Norm (Mainstream Goverment based Education system) does not mean they are fraudulent. Lets stop shooting ourselves in the foot and support those who are blowing the trumpet – warning with a certain sound.

4. Andrew Johnson December 3, 2011 at 12:50 PM

What is additionally interesting is that in 2006, “Dr” Nick Begich stated he thought the bombing of Afghanistan in 2001 was “justified” because they “wouldn’t give those guys up”.

(website is down as I post this, so you’ll have to follow up later)

On shows like C2C he talks a lot about mind control but never seems to pass any judgement on it like “Wow! Can you believe that someone would actually make and use this technology??”

5. Anonymous December 3, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Yes, it was your excellent DVD on HAARP (as I recall) that first alerted me to Nick Begich’s views on Afghanistan. I am neither for nor against Nick Begich, but I do have questions about his apparent moral and political agnosticism.

There is the information/disinformation issue too. The late Jerry E Smith, whose integrity I trust, always said that HAARP technology was not about mind control. How far can we trust what Nick Begich is saying on this subject?

• End the Lie December 3, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Link to the DVD? I’m not familiar. I’ve had some major arguments with people over the whole “HAARP = mind control” theory from a scientific perspective.

I’ve actually heard people say that they have headaches because of HAARP. People are far too quick to blame something they don’t understand.

However, there have been some studies done in the past that show that something remotely related to the technology used in facilities like HAARP can break DNA and cause mutations if it is pulsed.

Talking about this kind of stuff and trying to bring some hard factual evidence to the discourse is what got me banned from the Prison Planet forum.

That and pointing out that “Dr.” Wallach is a fraud who peddles snake oil that is quite dangerous. Pointing out that Alex Jones promotes these products that can actually kill people or make them significantly more sick didn’t go over very well, I guess.

It’s funny when they post my articles on the front page of their websites yet they perma-banned me from their forum and then claimed they didn’t to David Noble when he asked one of the moderators.

I guess they believe that if you can’t take the heat, you ban the kitchen.

• Ummer November 1, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Your attack against Dr Wallach’s product endorsements suggest you’re an atheist.

You can be discounted for everything you say.

6. Andrew Johnson December 3, 2011 at 2:13 PM

My website goes down every few months – the host never explains why and denies the problem even exists. I should’ve moved as the support has gone downhill, but it’s time consuming to move about 30GB of material and a joomla installation.

I have uploaded the Begich clip here though:

Hopefully my files on http://www.checktheevidence.com/ will be back within 24 hours

7. Liberty December 3, 2011 at 8:01 PM

hopefully other people will be checking into who they get their info from

8. Anonymous December 4, 2011 at 9:09 AM

i think the information about HAARP is true, however.

9. Dave Truman December 4, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I’m not saying that what Mr Begich is saying about HAARP is true or untrue. All I am saying is that we need to be sceptical (in the true sense of the word) about all of the information presented to us. This is especially so when the source of that information holds values and opinions that are at variance with his public image. It would be folly indeed not even to consider disinformation as a possibility in such circumstances.

• Liberty December 6, 2011 at 5:12 AM

yes or else we get taken by conmen and sheisters

10. Liberty December 6, 2011 at 5:09 AM

lol, all of these quotes come from BS sources

“Purple dogs rule the world.” Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865; 16th President of the United States)

11. Boycott Al Jazeera! April 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Anyone else noticed that the FB likes were a LOT higher a while ago? I remember it being in the 200s and now it is 2… guess you touched a nerve.

• Anonymous October 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Um now it’s zero!!!!

12. Tyler June 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Wow, the first section of this article really had me questioning my trust in Nick Begich. I have seen a lot of his work through independent media and documentaries and I have also skimmed through books he wrote or co-wrote, I cannot remember.

However, the UPDATE truly gives me a piece of mind to his legitimacy, I rest assured that he is in pursuit of truth and justice. His work on HAARP and exposing the lies are truly unrecognized in today\’s NWO resistance. I cannot blame him for endorsing an attack on Afghanistan shortly after 9/11, but i GUARANTEE he regrets those words, as do I. Most people were in favour of an invasion based on the facts we were presented. Mr. Begich JR must have done his own research and that is probably a reason why he is in no hurry to communicate with his traitor brother.

Bravo for the follow up, I really appreciate your honest journalism! I will be forwarding any “infowarriors/truthers/Open-Minded people” to your site! Your work is outstanding and it’s going to take independent media such as this to present the world with THE TRUTH for a change.

13. Anonymous October 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM

you’re fucking retarded

14. Anonymous October 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM

thank GOD there are honest journalists who will actually admit when they got something wrong!

great job I love your site keep up the truth telling and ignore the retards like some of the people in the comments section here

15. Kevin July 20, 2013 at 7:21 AM

your article title should be updated with a crossout of the word fake.
    Good job on the follow up/update, but the follow up should be at the front/top of the article.

16. Taylor February 21, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I agree with the Kevin, this shows me your not really interested in the truth of this man, but the grab of your readers, that in most cases will read half way through , jump to conclusion and never see the rest of what you write correcting yourself. I am smart enough to know this is deliberate on your part. Not sure why. And being it is 2014 how many yrs do you need before you realized this is damaging to this man?

17. Mo March 1, 2014 at 2:39 PM

How about putting your corrections about Nick Begich at the top of the page as an update, and explaining just how wrong you were about him in your earlier ‘judgments’ of him, his research and his motives. Leaving the false accusations on top of the page instead of below a retraction is still unfair…and leads people to believe wrongly if they don’t have time or interest to read a rather lengthy hatchet job… ?

18. Kelsu March 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM

It’s clear to see which commenters have read the whole article or flew off the handle based on the title and first paragraph.

I’ve met Nick a few times, heard a few of his talks and seen quite a few of his documentaries. HAARP and these crazy technologies are not in our best interest.

As for his brother, we know that politics can easily make a guy vote for something in trade for other votes. Look at the Ron/Rand Paul craziness.

19. DarkStarAz April 12, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Not surprised Nick called you back.
    Not surprised he won you over.
    One of the smartest, kindest patriots your ever going to meet…

20. Steve Archibald May 18, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Thanks for the clarifying update on your conversation with Nick. Also, you might want to consider revising the headline accordingly. People skimming may come away with a biased view of the man, otherwise.

I am in no way connected to this man, other than recently hearing an interview with him. Quite intriqing to be honest; I don’t think they are just roasting hot dog weenies with that giant transmitter…

21. Frank May 20, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Begich might have a Ph.D. (Phony Doctorate) from a post office box “university” but I can’t find anything about him having an undergraduate degree from ANY college or university, real or fake. Yet he claims to be a journalist specializing in science and technology and he can’t even grasp even the simplest concepts of elementary physics. If Begich is what passes for a science journalist among the lunatic fringe, it explains a lot. I don’t doubt that he might be personally charming and disarming but, remember, the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape (Hamlet, Act 2, Scene 2).

I suspect the gushing “update” was in response to threats of a lawsuit for libel.

22. Porky Pine September 2, 2014 at 8:53 PM

It didn’t take much to pin this guy as a fraud. He obviously went to L. Ron Hubbard’s school of honorary degrees. His knowledge of climate science and HAARP (or complete lack thereof) is what initially turned me off from his outlandish theories. The scientific experiments and meaningless made up jargon he uses to ‘prove’ HAARP are laughable and not pertinent to the actual technology used by HAARP. This man only fools the fools.